Miner thread

Mining Discussion
Shiroslullaby
Cash on hand: Locked

Mon May 08, 2017 6:09 pm

TUMPPi wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:06 pm
Cool, what GPU's are you mining with? I was interested in buying a GPU rig but i went with baikal.
Just using some random GPUs I had from old builds or that I got for free from work.
Mostly mining x11 coins. Have been mining and buying small amounts of Monero since last year.

Baikal cube looks really cool. Someone I talked to on bitcointalk said he expects an ROI of about 6 months mining Dash.
Thats really impressive if its true. Even if it took a year to get your money back thats an amazing investment.
mikejoe wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm
well 8 months ago burst was 30 sats...today 250 sats...steady growth...real business sell on the burst asset exchange and of course some scam ones so anyone reading this should due their due diligence before investing...burst is a interesting coin...its capable of cross chain transfers and smart contracts...it has alot going for it...strong community...so time will tell but i like to diversify
BURST is definitely a cool coin. They have a really well developed project. I'm surprised its not more popular actually. The all-in-one wallet/ miner is a nice thing to have and the Asset Exchange is cool. Glad to see people are using low-energy ways to generate coins.
I've been impressed by everything they have done. Team seems very professional and trying to build a long-term project, not just some pump and dump scheme.

TUMPPi
Bank: Locked

Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Shiroslullaby wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:09 pm
TUMPPi wrote:
Cool, what GPU's are you mining with? I was interested in buying a GPU rig but i went with baikal.
Just using some random GPUs I had from old builds or that I got for free from work.
Mostly mining x11 coins. Have been mining and buying small amounts of Monero since last year.

Baikal cube looks really cool. Someone I talked to on bitcointalk said he expects an ROI of about 6 months mining Dash.
Thats really impressive if its true. Even if it took a year to get your money back thats an amazing investment.
Yeah, and i got free electricity so i except to ROI faster :P But not aiming to be most profitable, will mine much altcoins and such, more low valued, just to have them :D Also the cube eats very little amount of power, like 90w for the 300mh/s

mineru

Tue May 09, 2017 6:55 am

TUMPPi wrote:
mineru wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:00 am
Don't know if you noticed yet but there is a forum about mining open: viewforum.php?f=32

Regards all!
Yes, i indeed know that, this thread is created under that xD Its a thread where people can post pictures or tell about their setup :D
Shiroslullaby wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:07 pm
Currently Im just using some extra GPUs I have to mine a couple X11 coins, nothing major.
Definitely interested to hear your results if you get a Baikal cube. I saw them advertised but haven't talked to anyone that was running one.
Haha! OK still learning how the site works. Did not realize this thread was under the main mining forum.

mineru

Tue May 09, 2017 7:00 am

You will do good with the Baikals. Just do not expect to become the X11 millionaire anytime soon. :-) Good stable miners with low power draw.
I mine with anything I have available. CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs...
I mine intermitently since running on solar. Concerning coins, I would go for the one I like and/or also for the profitable ones to exchange for the ones I like. Not in love with any particular chain. Functionality, expectations for a particular coin or profit drives my mining. I also read a lot. Information is 75-90% of your success.

TUMPPi

Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 am

mineru wrote:
You will do good with the Baikals. Just do not expect to become the X11 millionaire anytime soon. :-) Good stable miners with low power draw.
I mine intermitently since running on solar. Concerning coins, I would go for the one I like and/or also for the profitable ones to exchange for the ones I like. Not in love with any particular chain. Functionality, expectations for a particular coin or profit drives my mining. I also read a lot. Information is 75-90% of your success.
Indeed
On other hand, i received my SHA-256 miner today, pretty nice but i cant run it too much, keeps so fucking bad noise that its disturbing xD Would need to live in a residential house or have a garage for that lol

mineru

Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 am

TUMPPi wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 am
mineru wrote:
Indeed
On other hand, i received my SHA-256 miner today, pretty nice but i cant run it too much, keeps so fucking bad noise that its disturbing xD Would need to live in a residential house or have a garage for that lol
Make and model? You may try to substitute the fans with bigger, more efficient ones(more silent), slow them switching to lower power (9V instead of 12 if the fans allow) and venting with an auxiliary home fan which is silent and draws heath out of the electronics quicker by moving the air around. I guess you thinked about it already.

TUMPPi

Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 pm

its spondoolies sp10, everything is built in a case so i doubt i'll get to change them

Shiroslullaby

Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

Baikal miners sold out.
The only ones I can find are on ebay for $2000.
:(

bobris

Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 am

better to buy gpu's than asics

TUMPPi

Thu May 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Shiroslullaby wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am
Baikal miners sold out.
The only ones I can find are on ebay for $2000.
:(
I got one from aliexpress, $1400, pretty overpriced but meh

• Information